Anne of Green Gables


Hello everyone from my new weekly blog post. Today I want to talk about a book. This book is one of my favourite books.


Book’s name is Anne Of Green Gables and the author of the book is Lucy Maud Montgomery. The main character of the book is Anne. Anne is a lonely girl living in an orphanage. I want to share my book summary with you. One day, Matthew and his wife want to adopt a boy from the orphanage to help them in the fields. However, because of the mistake, a girl is sent instead of a boy. At first, Marilla does not want her to stay with them and wants to send her back. But later she feels sorry for the girl and they adopt her. Marilla teaches somethings to her. But she thinks, Anne should go to school. So, Anne starts school. All the while, Anne becomes close friends with her neighbour’s daughter, Diana. While everything goes well at school, a boy named Gilbert starts to deal with Anne and pulls her hair in the lesson. Anne gets angry and breaks the board in Gilbert's head. After that day, Anne starts to hate Gilbert. After Anne finished school, she attends the Queen’s academy entrance exams and passed. A few days later Anne returns to Green Gables after the exams, Matthew died. Anne is saddened by this unexpected death and does not want to leave Marilla alone in Green Gables. When Marilla goes to the doctor examination, she learns that within 6 months her eyes will be blind. She wants to sell Green Gables because she does not want to live alone, thinking Anne will go back to the academy. But Anne announces her decision not to return. Marilla is delighted. However, Anne's new school has 1 seat and Gilbert applied to this school. But Gilbert refuses to study at this school for Anne. After Anne heard this, she forgives him, and they become a friend.

This was my summary of the book. I liked the book too much. Before reading the book I also watched its Tv series. I can say that I decided to read the book after watching the series(Anne with an E). After I read it, I recommend my best friends and they liked it too. So, I decided to recommend it to you. But I have to say that there are some differences between the book and tv series. You will realise that if you watch Tv series and read the book. I will tell you about these differences in my next post. Stay tuned.

We are at the end of my weekly post. I hope you like it. Take care of yourselves. See you.

Comments

Popular Posts