The topic of today's post is a little different from my last posts. Today's topic is the football team I support. It is Beşiktaş.


Beşiktaş is not just a football team for me. But before I explain this, I want to give some information about this team. Beşiktaş was founded in 1903, the colors are black and white. Beşiktaş won the first championship in 1919. Its first president is Mehmet Şamil Bey. The first club to be registered and bearing the Crescent-Star crest on its chest. You can see Beşiktaş's emblem above

Beşiktaş club is found not only in football, it is also found in other sports such as volleyball and athletics. Its symbolic animal is an eagle. I think these informations are enough for now.


I said that Beşiktaş is not just a football team for me. So, what does that mean? 

I grew up watching Beşiktaş’s football matches because my father supported Beşiktaş. So, my childhood passed with a Beşiktaş. I remember that when Beşiktaş lost a match, when I was a kid, my father did not have dinner that evening, and he watched the match summary until late hours at night. The house would be very quiet when Beşiktaş have match. When I was a kid, there were very few people support Beşiktaş in my primary school class. That is why I thought being Beşiktaş fan was something special. Now I see that this is true. Beşiktaş is more than a football team. Beşiktaş is a big family with the ball collector, supporters, coach, footballers…

Beşiktaş also has records. I want to say some of these:

In the league history, the record for winning the most matches in a season belongs to Beşiktaş.

Unbeaten single champion is Beşiktaş. Beşiktaş is the only team to win the championship without a stadium.

Beşiktaş players broke the audience record with 76.127 spectators.

Beşiktaş broke the sound record with 132 decibels in the Champions League match. (played with Liverpool.)

Beşiktaş is the team has the most spectators in women's football teams.

It is the only team to win by 10 goals in an official match.



I want to talk a little bit about Çarşı. This group is different from other fan groups you know. Çarşı is the name of a certain group of supporters of Beşiktaş Gymnastics Club. It founded in 1982. People from different social strata, cultural circles and ethnic identities are gathered under the name Çarşı Group. This group does not just support the Beşiktaş. They also take a stand on issues in the country such as terrorist events. For example, after the Van earthquake, they said that they supported Van by throwing a scarf on the field after Beşiktaş's match played that week under the "Van is Colding" campaign. The strange thing is that we got punished for it.

 

Çarşı group has chosen as the best fan group of all time with its performance in 2007 in the fight against Liverpool 2-1

Apart from these, I guess there is no one who does not know the wonderful anthems of the Çarşı. 

My favourite anthems are:

https://youtu.be/tjACAzQs7s8

https://youtu.be/uoEb3vw2r-Q

https://youtu.be/dgCuIZGsNas


Before finishing my post, I want to talk about Süleyman Seba, the honorary president of Beşiktaş. He scored the first goal in Beşiktaş's old stadium, İnönü Stadium.


Actually, there are so many things to write about Beşiktaş that it would not fit here. That's why I tried to write the most important things about Beşiktaş. I hope you like. 


















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts